You may be eligible for Land Tax Relief, if you are a commercial or residential landlord in Victoria.
The amount of land tax relief is a 25% reduction on the property’s 2020 land tax. You also have the ability to defer payment of your remaining land tax liability up to 31 March 2021.
If your property is rented:
- Your tenant’s ability to pay their normal rent must be impacted by the coronavirus pandemic;
- If the tenant is commercial (includes retail, office and industrial), your tenant must be:
- a small or medium enterprise (annual turnover up to $50 million), and
- eligible to receive the Australian Government’s JobKeeper Payment.
- Both you and your tenant must have agreed to a reduced rent.
- The rent reduction (in dollar terms) must be at least 25% of the 2020 proportional land tax for that property.
- The property must be available for lease/rent;
- A tenant for the property cannot be secured because of the coronavirus pandemic.
How do you apply?
Eligible landlords can apply for the land tax reduction through My Land Tax, an online application for managing your land tax, which is available via the State Revenue Office website via the link here.