For many small businesses, January can be generally slower than other months. This is a great time to take a holiday or spend some extra time with family and friends. But it also gives rise for great opportunity to plan, organise or take on a new project.
- You may look at re-evaluating your goals and re-set your priorities. Are you on track with what you had planned? What do you need to do going forward to set you back on the path of where you want to be?
- It’s a great time to take the opportunity to re-organise your space. It’s amazing what it does for your productivity. So file what you must and definitely throw out what you should.
- Are there any projects you have you been planning, but been putting them off? Pick one and start taking action.
- Here’s a few you may wish to consider if you have none planned:
- Review systems and procedures you currently have in place. In many cases, you will uncover some changes that will improve productivity or efficiency.
- When was the last time you did employee performance reviews or feedback? If it’s been a while, make this a priority – and get them done.
- Review your online presence. When did you last make any additions or changes to your website, social media or online business directories? Take some time to review and update where appropriate.
- Check out a new group or business organisation. While attendance often falls in the summer months, those who do attend are usually eager to meet new people – and you can benefit from the connections.
- As you learn and grow, so will your business – so invest some time in personal development. Enjoy a good book that can inspire and educate.
- When was the last time you looked at your pricing and costs? Are they still aligned properly and generating the profit margins you want and need? Is an increase warranted?
Now is a great time to advantage if it is a little bit quiet at the moment and feel free to discuss any of the examples above with the team at Green Taylor Partners.