Green Taylor Partners has a long history in the local Horsham area, beginning in 1942 when the accounting firm was known as Gandy, Green, Cohen and Hiscock. In 1946 the name changed to TH Green and Co and with Malcolm Taylor joining the Horsham practice in July 1956, the name of the firm changed once again to Green Taylor and Co.
From inception until 1958, the firm operated from Young’s Building at 77 Wilson Street, Horsham. The 1958 move was just a couple of doors along Wilson Street to the since demolished Wimmera House. The move to 85 Wilson Street was a temporary one until a new specially designed office at 35 McLachlan Street was completed. The firm moved to this new building in 1959 and traded under a number of names between 1956 and 1991 when it became Green Taylor Partners.
Significant business growth meant that more than five extensions were necessary between 1959 and 1991 at 35 McLachlan Street to accommodate new partners, accounting staff and services. In 1998, we moved to our current location at 43-45 Pynsent Street, Horsham to specially designed business premises to facilitate the provision of premium services to our clients.
In 2003 we converted to a ‘paperless’ office, requiring all documents to be stored electronically. This meant we could efficiently access all financial statements and tax information, and copies of documents/reports could be quickly provided to clients and other authorised parties. This further facilitated a minor redesign of the office with the space left by our then redundant filing room.
Green Taylor Partners employ over 25 local accountants and administration staff, with the ownership group of Peter Cramer, Matt Richardson, Rohan Brown, David Hadley, Kerry Schultz and Jess Sluggett leading the team.
Image source: Rose Stereograph Co (State Library Victoria)